Thursday, March 12, 2009

The conclusion... no conclusion

We went back to the hospital yesterday to hear about Bronwyn's autopsy and the results of the other testing. Given that I'm pregnant with Bronwyn's little sister or brother already, I was desperately hoping they'd have an answer for us, hopefully one that sounded like "This is what happened and it's unlikely to happen again."

But there is no definitive answer. No signs of infection, her systems were fine, her heart was strong, no apparent chromosome problems. And yet she's gone. Unexplained hydrops fetalis.

So what about this little one? The doctor says we have every chance of having a normal, boring pregnancy. But having already beat the odds in a tragic way, that's not really good enough for me.

The doctor gave me a copy of the autopsy report. She had blue eyes, just as I imagined she would.

1 comment:

  1. OMG they looked at her eyes... of course they did. I'm so sorry you never saw them open, mama. So very sorry. This pain is unbearable :(

    ReplyDelete